Soybean Meal Processing Systems
Learn how The ONIX Corporation’s dehydration systems can help process soybean meal.
Soybean meal is primarily used in the food industry and especially in animal feeds. It is used as a protein supplement, and it helps to metabolize energy. One bushel of soybean can yield 48 pounds of soybean meal. Some of the soybean meal that is collected comes from the oil extraction process. Soybean oil is often used in food, industrial oils, soaps, and biodiesel. It is extracted by crushing and pressing the soybeans. The leftover remnants of this process are what make up soybean meal. Soybean meal can benefit from rotary drying, milling, and cooling depending on your companies specific needs.
There are actually three different types of soybean meal that can be produced and used for different purposes. The first is full-fat soybean meal, which is made from whole soybeans. It has a high metabolizable energy concentration and is sometimes fed to livestock. The second type of soybean meal is defatted soybean meal, which contain no hulls. It usually has an intermediate energy concentration and is commonly fed to swine, broilers, and layers. The third kind of soybean meal is defatted soybean meal that contains soybean hulls. The hulls are digestible by ruminant livestock and are often fed as a protein supplement to these livestock.
Almost 98 percent of soybean meal is used as animal feed. Even though that is a large amount, the other 2 percent is still put to good use. It is used for soy flour and other food based uses such as soy milks and vegetable protein.
Soybean meal can benefit from rotary drying, milling, and cooling. The ONIX Corporation’s processing systems can handle numerous materials and co-products that you may not know what to do with or want a better more effective way to process. We have the ability to work with materials such as, but not limited to, apple pomace, citrus pomace, sludge, alfalfa, bagasse, coffee grounds, sawdust, soybean meal and much more. Our equipment is engineered to fit your specific needs. If you feel that The ONIX Corporation may be of assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to research more about our alternative fuel systems, including rotary drum dryers and material handling solutions. Whether you’re looking for a new solution to process soybean meal, or something else, it never hurts to give us a call to learn more.
Feel free to contact us with any technical question you have regarding our products or our company.Contact Us